Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Rain Day

Its Good Friday and what a glorious spring day! There's just a tiny bit of snow left in the yard and all the trees and shrubs I planted last year are looking good... nice fat buds just waiting for the ground to fully thaw. A spring rain would be nice too. When I looked at the weather forecast yesterday there was no call for rain at all. I almost got the hose out early today but my mind wandered off to different tasks and I'm glad I forgot because its raining! Just a quick thunder storm but rain is rain and I'll take it! The first spring rain is always so delicious.

Other than painting hard boiled eggs, cleaning and wandering around the yard I also potted up the roots I bought at Home Depot earlier this week. I bought Liatris spicata (20 bulbs for $4.98), Hosta 'Francee', Astilbe 'Amethyst' and some assorted daylilies. All of these were 3 for $6.98. The good thing about buying plants this way is that they are cheap. On the downside you have to pot them up (or wait a long time for results if you plant them directly into the garden) and you're never 100% sure you're getting what's on the picture. That can be fun too, though.

Still no pictures. There's not that much to see except the "before" version of the yard. I'll try to take some tomorrow but I have lots on my plate... going furniture shopping with Kathy tomorrow, to dinner on Sunday and trying to clean up well enough to hold the place while I recover from surgery. So what am I doing? Watching "the Hour" and typing this. I am a master procrastinator.

No comments:

Post a Comment