Monday, May 18, 2009

Lousy weather

I haven't had much to say lately because I've been so dismayed by the weather. It has been cool with sub-zero temperatures several times in the last week so I moved the plants that are still in pots to the garage and the unheated front porch. The plants that are in the ground are now under floating row covers and old bed sheets. It looks just horrible and I'm worried the protection won't be enough since the forecast now calls for snow. So much for the May Long-weekend being the start of summer.

Most of time I like living in Edmonton... the weather is not as bad as you might think and the pests are limited to mosquitoes, ants and wasps. No cockroaches the size of aircraft carriers, no alligators, poisonous snakes or rats, we really have an easy time of it here. Today, however, I'm shaking my fist at the sky and wondering why I don't move to a zone 5 or 6 area!

Here's a picture of Narcissus Jetfire that's blooming in the garden in defiance of the return of winter! Come on Jetfire, warm the arctic blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment