Saturday, April 11, 2009

Speaking of my kitchen window...



The large kitchen window faces south and is quite sunny so its my nursery at this time of year. Kathy lent me a plant stand she wasn't using and you can see my potting bench, AKA the kitchen table, too. Don't ask me where I'm going to put the plants that are on the table! I always get so carried away at the time of year! Maybe in the unheated front porch? It faces north but that is were these plants are going so they might as well get used to the low light. I'll keep the door open so that the temp won't drop too much or I could put the little oil radiator in there if it gets chilly again.

The amaryllis is in bloom too. It used to flower around New Year's but, every year, it flowers a little later. This is a house plant but I'll take the pot outside in June to give it a little vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment